Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Electrical Engineer - Heavy Industrial in Lenexa, Kansas
Mid-Level Electrical Engineer - Heavy Industrial
Date: Jun 10, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 80434
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you the satisfaction of a job well done, but will help propel you forward in your career faster than you may expect. We’ll train you, develop your skills and allow you to take on power projects that will impact millions across North America.
With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
• Evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to design medium to large industrial projects.
• Formulate technical specifications and prepare interface points with construction partners. Schedule, review, and coordinate design efforts with other project personnel, performing bid evaluations of equipment and construction proposals and developing recommendations for contract award.
• Prepare electrical engineering designs, including layout, design schematics, calculations and conceptual designs; utilizing standard methods and project principles.
• Mentor and guide junior engineers, maintaining a comprehensive understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit guidelines, providing suggestions and recommendations as needed.
• Work independently on small projects, or as a part of a large multi-discipline team on larger projects, including working with both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction partners to provide our Clients the industry’s best of both engineering and physical design.
• Experience with Food & Beverage work, area classification and sanitary design preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited four-year college or university and EIT license
• 3-10 years’ experience performing Industrial or Food & Beverage engineering related duties
• Familiar with basic computer operation, and should have had at least introductory computer programming courses as well as the ability to use electrical department design software tools
• Experience in field construction or startup and previous experience directing junior engineers is desirable
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Industrial, Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Industrial Engineer, Manufacturing, Engineering