Kiewit Corporation LEAD Internship - Kiewit Power Engineers in Lenexa, Kansas
LEAD Internship - Kiewit Power Engineers
Date: Oct 8, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 83343
Do you want an inside look into the technology, quality, engineering and design professions that will inspire you as you make plans for future? Do you want to be part of an industry that will make a real difference in peoples’ lives all over the world? Get a head start on building your career! Kiewit’s paid internship program will give you hands-on experiences and develop industry knowledge coveted by professionals. As a Kiewit intern, you will work in a fast-paced, team environment, using cutting-edge technology to design and engineer the future of our planet. This program provides challenging and achievable projects that will encourage participants to pursue their interests in the field of technology, quality, engineering or design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist in design sketches using CAD and other industry-leading technology
• Research and analyze compiled data to make recommendations and business decisions
• Develop and refine content for company training manuals, process improvement materials, and technical reference documents
• Collaborate with teammates on projects that directly impact the business
• Actively participate in technical and soft skills courses, as well as discipline-specific pieces of training presented by industry professionals
• Design and present an End of Program Presentation to showcase your work and development throughout the LEAD program
• Build professional relationships with discipline-specific peer advisors
• Additional duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Incoming high school Junior, Senior, college Freshman or incoming college Sophomore
• Ability to work 40 hours per week for 8-10 weeks during the summer, providing own transportation
• A natural curiosity and passion for the field of technology, quality, engineering or design
• Strong analytical ability with a mind for process improvement
• Comfort with data analysis and research
• Detail-oriented work style with a focus on accuracy
• Ability to work both independently and in a team setting with minimal supervision to accomplish common goals
• Ability to present and speak publicly to both small and large groups within the organization
• Demonstrates professionalism and maturity on a day to day basis
• Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload accordingly
• Demonstrates a customer service oriented mindset
• Preferably has held a leadership role within a team, organization, club, etc.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, and PowerPoint)
• Experience and understanding of MS SharePoint, Auto CAD, Revit, and Mathcad is a plus
• Ability to learn and understand a variety of business based computer programs quickly is preferred
• Please include an updated resume to your LEAD application. Applicants without a resume will not be considered.
• The online application process for the LEAD Program will close on January 31st, 2020.
• Candidates selected for a face to face interview will be notified after the deadline application.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Drafting, CAD, Intern, Engineering, Entry Level