Kiewit Corporation Financial Analyst - Kiewit Power Engineers in Lenexa, Kansas
Financial Analyst - Kiewit Power Engineers
Date: Feb 7, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 78481
We have a great opportunity for a Financial Analyst to help us transform data and provide accurate and timely decision support to our construction and engineering business units. In this role, you will be required to find new ways of using data to build impactful narratives through reporting for our various business units. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and problem solving skills, demonstrated success in developing persuasive reporting, and the ability to juggle competing priorities while delivering results.
Kiewit Power Engineers is an EPC engineering and design firm along with engineering services for industries in various markets such as power generation, water and wastewater, oil and gas, energy, and other areas as requested.
This position will be based out of our Lenexa, Kansas office. Must be able to travel anywhere in the country, as frequently as business needs require.
• 3 - 5 years of financial/data analysis experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or an equivalent degree
• Basic working knowledge of accounting, including: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and tax
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel
• Experience working with Pivot Tables, V-Look Ups, and other key excel functions
• Experience with SQL, Access or other database reporting tools
• Strong background and experience in data analysis utilizing various data visualization programs such as Tableau or similar software
• Effective communication (both oral and written), organization and interpersonal skills
• Strong work ethic and eagerness to produce high quality results
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• High level of professionalism and standards
• Must be able to freely access all parts of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
• Leads project forecast reviews, utilizes historical and trending data to validate forecast, and follows Company standards for cost and revenue reporting
• Shows eagerness to learn the ins and outs of the field operations to better understand and communicate financial reports and data
• Work with the Operations Controller team to clearly define business reporting needs as we analyze risk and opportunities within our various business units.
• Extract, transform, clean, and prepare data from various enterprise sources to conduct impactful analysis and thoughtful interpretation of business unit results for senior leadership.
• Identifies, adjusts, and reviews forecast and budget issues with the cost report to confirm proper recognition of cost and revenue
• Supports Operations team with decision making by identifying, quantifying, and communicating financial risks and opportunities
• Manages employee performance using the division of responsibilities, clearly communicates expectations and goals, and provides coaching and radically honest feedback during employee performance reviews
• Prepares client invoicing, manages accounts receivable and revenue, and reviews project cash flow projection on a monthly basis
• Reviews and understands prime contract and change orders, including insurance, taxes, payment terms, and labor laws
• Follows and implements proper internal controls, and acts as main point of contact for any internal or external financial audits
• Drives continuous improvement throughout the organization and is a proponent for positive change
• Earns trust, credibility, and buy in of processes from Operations team to create better cohesion and clear communication within the organization
• Displays first-rate customer service skills - willing to help with a positive attitude when/where needed, and be helped with gratitude
Other common names for this role: Business Supervisor, Project Controller, Financial Analyst
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Construction, Chemical Research, Payroll, Financial, Finance, Engineering