Kiewit Corporation Field Engineer Intern - TIC Power in Lenexa, Kansas
Field Engineer Intern - TIC Power
Date: Sep 10, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 81879
As a Field Engineer Intern with Kiewit’s TIC Power District you will provide support, guidance and leadership in the field for our “open shop” Industrial power construction projects. You will be working with a vibrant and diverse team to estimate, plan, schedule and build- mechanical, electrical and heavy industrial power construction on some of the largest most exciting construction projects in the country.
• Work with a vibrant and diverse team to build, estimate, and schedule mechanical, electrical and heavy industrial systems.
• Support both administrative and construction activities as assigned by the supervisor, reviewing proposals/specifications, drawings, perform material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates and attend pre-bid investigation meetings.
• Learn how to supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors.
• Prepare work plans, assure quality control, manage and track costs and materials, schedule equipment, administer safety programs and maintain exceptional owner relations will fall within the job duties as well.
• We are looking for the next generation of leaders who strive for excellence and have the drive and desire it takes to work in the fast paced, heavy construction environment.
• This job requires relocation.
• Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in construction management, engineering or related degree
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with SureTrak, Hard Dollar, Revit, SAP, Pro Log and/or Primavera “P6” is preferred
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic – Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA requirements is preferred
• The ability to travel and/or relocate as required
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Intern, Construction, Engineer, Electrical, ERP, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology