Kiewit Corporation Energy Storage Engineering Manager in Lenexa, Kansas
Energy Storage Engineering Manager
Date: Jun 29, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 79122
Kiewit’s Lenexa office is currently seeking a Manager of Energy Storage for the Power Delivery (PD) and Renewable Energy business lines. This position is typically responsible for taking an active lead role in energy storage proposals, reviewing design and performance software results for energy storage designs that may include pairing with solar, wind, gas, or microgrid applications. These responsibilities would be in addition to the traditional engineering project manager role of leading the energy storage team in multiple projects that may include an owner’s engineer, Engineering Only, or full EPC contract models. Knowledge of other renewable technologies would be beneficial, as the pairing of Energy Storage is becoming more common and may require the energy storage team to take a lead role for the overall project, not just the energy storage scope.
Kiewit is looking for a committed, energized and highly motivated individual who has a passion for achieving excellence. The Energy Storage Engineering Manager is responsible for, but not limited, to the following responsibilities as related to electrical engineering design:
• Establish and maintain on-going internal and external client relationships within the energy storage industry.
• Support and collaborate with Manager, Energy Storage to develop and execute a company-wide strategy for energy storage.
• Manage internal engineering and field execution team that is capable to deliver strategic objectives of the Project(s).
• Follow proposal and project execution plans including deliverables lists, schedule, budget, and manpower projections required to successfully execute the proposal or project.
• Manage energy storage projects with internal team members and external partners to deliver high quality projects on-time and on-budget.
• Identify and pursue new business project opportunities with strategic and opportunistic energy storage customers.
• Support presentation of proposals to customers including customer follow-up. Proposal Development-Assist with the development of proposal documents and engineering estimate
• Assist with post proposal submittal bid strategy, answer questions and participate in closing projects.
• Maintain a strong network of industry related individuals for the purpose of expanding Kiewit’s services and opportunities
• Be an active partner in the contract reviews for energy storage projects, including the supplier chain contracts.
• Ensure Quality Control of services and deliverables is followed, in accordance with the Kiewit Company Quality Plan.
• Represent Kiewit at external conferences and events by speaking and delivering thought leadership content in alignment with strategic objectives of the businesses.
• Communicate proposal and project status to Proposal, Procurement, and Engineering Services Leadership as required.
• Advise and support the evaluation of existing company proceedures and processes to support the energy storage market.
The ideal candidate for the Energy Storage Engnieering Manager will possess the following qualities:
• A minimum of 5 years proven electrical engineering design experience in the power delivery, energy storage, solar energy, or renewable industry
• Bachelor of Science degree in related field
• Strong project team orientation and networking skills
• Willingness to travel (up to 25% of time) with some overnight stays required
• High degree of self-motivation
• Motivated by competition, yet a team player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Manager, Procurement, Engineering, Management, Operations