Kiewit Corporation Electrical Field Engineer- Advanced Work Packaging in Lenexa, Kansas
Electrical Field Engineer- Advanced Work Packaging
Date: Aug 15, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 81150
Kiewit Power Constructors (KPC) is seeking an Electrical Field Engineer to join the Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) department within Project Controls. This department is charged to be a leader in technology implementation and adoption for improving efficiencies, including integrating engineering model visualization tools with live operational data and incorporating a holistic material tracking solution from engineering through procurement, receiving, and installation.
This position will be based out of our Lenexa office, but has potential travel up to 15% across North America.
• Lead material takeoff efforts by liaising with engineering, constructability, procurement and field teams to develop process and standards.
• Coordinate with project teams and constructability to scope construction work packages.
• Review engineering drawings and 3D engineering model data outputs to perform earned-value quantity takeoffs.
• Check design deliverables and discipline takeoff deliverables in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements, and company standards.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to junior engineers in the department.
• Opportunity to travel to job sites and interface with the construction team
• Opportunity to participate in best-practice forums with other Power Districts
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Construction Management
• 3 plus years of construction experience.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
• Perform quantity surveys.
• Understanding of system turnover procedures.
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Hexagon Smart Materials a plus.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Strong work ethic – Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• The ability to handle changing work-conditions, deadlines, and duties.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Package Design, Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing, Engineering