Kiewit Corporation Electrical Design Engineer in Lenexa, Kansas
Electrical Design Engineer
Date: Jun 12, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 80449
Position Description: Prepare electrical engineering designs, including layout, design schematics, calculations and conceptual design; utilizing standard methods and project principles; Evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria for the conceptual design of large power, water, and industrial projects; Formulate technical specifications and prepare interface points with construction partners. Schedule, review, and coordinate design efforts with other project personnel, performing bid evaluations of equipment and construction proposals and developing recommendations for contract award; Mentor and guide junior engineers, maintaining a comprehensive understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit guidelines, providing suggestions and recommendations as needed; Work as a part of a large project team including both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction superintendents to provide our Clients the industry's best of both engineering and physical design.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related filed and 5 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer or related position.
• Experience with: lead and supervise team of draftsmen, designers, engineers to execute electrical detailed design for medium to large scale projects (including overseeing budget, cost control and stamping of drawings)
• Perform power system studies (incl grounding, load flow, load analysis, short circuit, motor starting analysis, protection co-ordination and arc flash utilizing ETAP software)
• Create and check electrical equipment technical specifications for one-lines, three-lines, interconnect, and schematic drawings
• Perform electrical equipment sizing and selection (incl distribution & power transformers, generators, batteries & ups, cables, and protective relays)
• Factory/acceptance testing of electrical enclosures (PDCS), electrical equipment, including transformers, variable frequency drives, switchgear, motor control centers.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Engineer, Electrical, Construction, Engineering