Kiewit Corporation Electrical Control Design Engineer in Lenexa, Kansas
Electrical Control Design Engineer
Date: May 16, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 80252
• Master's* degree in Electrical Engineering or related plus 3 years experience as a Senior Electrical Engineer or related.
Experience must include:
• Prepare/check onelines, schematics, wiring drawings, intertripping/interlocking drawings (low & medium voltage switchgear, transformers, motors) and substation layout drawings using microstation;
• Prepare/quality review electrical load lists, cable/termination schedules, quantity estimates, material requisitions, and technical bid evaluations & perform cable routing;
• Perform electrical calculations such as transformer/switchgear sizing, cable sizing, voltage drop, conduit/tray fill and arcflash incident energy utilizing ansi/ieee/iec/as/nzs standards;
• Perform power system analysis studies such as loadflow, short circuit, motor starting to validate electrical equipment ratings;
• Grounding study to verify step and touch potential; and ductbank heating to verify temperature raise of cables using etap;
• Prepare equipment database (generation, loads, and consumers) for safe operation & maintenance and efficient startup of plant facility & develop hazardous area equipment dossier.
- Employer will accept a bachelor's plus 5 years of experience in lieu of a master's plus 3 years of experience.
• Prepare electrical engineering designs, including layout, design schematics, calculations and conceptual design;
• Utilizing standard methods and project principles;
• Evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria for the conceptual design of large power projects;
• Formulate technical specifications and prepare interface points with construction partners;
• Schedule, review, and coordinate design efforts with other project personnel, performing bid evaluations of equipment and construction proposals and developing recommendations for contract award;
• Mentor and guide junior engineers, maintaining a comprehensive understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit guidelines, providing suggestions and recommendations as needed;
• Work as a part of a large project team including both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction superintendents to provide our Clients the industry's best of both engineering and physical design.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Controls Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Design Engineer, Engineering