Kiewit Corporation Early Career Structural Engineer - Kiewit Power Engineers in Lenexa, Kansas
Early Career Structural Engineer - Kiewit Power Engineers
Date: Jun 26, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 80058
• Assist in the preparation of designs for assigned structure(s) including research, system selection, analysis, and drawing preparation on projects ranging from moderate to large in size and complexity.
• Apply department and industry standards when preparing calculations, project drawings, and project specifications.
• Incorporate the requirements of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contract, customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements ensuring the projects meet or exceed project goals.
• Research new markets and adapt current process and workflows to successfully execute project deliverables.
• Coordinate with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors, fabricator(s), and owners to address structural-related issues or concerns.
• Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) to project management and department management.
• Support department managers in achieving performance goals for the department.
• At least one-two years’ experience in structural engineering and design. A minimum of three years in the power industry or industrial markets, preferred
• Functional in utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer operations.
• Knowledgeable in engineering software, specifically SAP2000, SAFE, spMats, and Mathcad.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering in a civil or architectural engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year college or university program. Some masters’ coursework preferred
• Masters Highly Preferred
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Structural Engineer, Procurement, Project Manager, Engineering, Operations, Technology