Kiewit Corporation Early Career Electrical Engineer - Kiewit Power Engineers in Lenexa, Kansas
Early Career Electrical Engineer - Kiewit Power Engineers
Date: Feb 6, 2020
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 87059
• Checking manufacturer's wiring drawings, one-line diagrams, schematics, data sheets and similar drawings
• Researching and analyzing requirements from various engineering standards, contracts and proposal documents
• Preparing basic engineering calculations and drawings following Kiewit Power Engineers standards
• Providing draft equipment specifications for major electrical equipment
• Performing bid evaluations
• Coordinating electrical equipment contracts directly with equipment vendors
• Maintaining engineering records and lists as required
• Developing and managing cable and termination information utilizing plant design software
• Coordinating work with other engineers, designers, project managers, construction personnel and vendors
• Developing familiarity with departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit Power Engineers policies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. The individual will develop familiarity with and learn to use the electrical department design software tools.
Education and/or Experience
• Have a BS in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
• Demonstrate interest in power systems engineering
• Possess excellent organizational and communication skills
• Be a team player
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineer, Engineering