Kiewit Corporation Early Career Electrical Designer/Drafter - Kiewit Power Engineers in Lenexa, Kansas
Early Career Electrical Designer/Drafter - Kiewit Power Engineers
Date: May 31, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 78774
• Reports project progression updates and/or issues to Lead Electrical Designers required.
• Utilize applicable engineering national and local codes.
• Develops 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills. Checks and navigates in the 3D models for interferences and constructability.
• Creates plan drawings and details for electrical deliverables.
• Develops sketches to accompany other concept documentation.
• Develop schematics and one-line drawings from engineering sketches or markups.
• Maintain master drawing set with current revisions for the electrical and controls design drawings.
• File master sets/originals, superseded drawings and originals as required in a timely manner.
• Complete as-built by utilizing Request for Information (RFI) forms, Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and red-marked drawings from construction to develop “Conformed to Construction Records” as required.
• Participates in project meetings as required.
• Checks design for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
• Resolves checked drawings; prove and understand comments made.
• Routes electrical cables to generate a cable schedule.
• Model electrical components using vendor submittals and electrical designs.
• Completes miscellaneous tasks to support project development.
• Must be able to represent Kiewit manner to owners, contractors, vendors and any other contacts outside the Kiewit organization.
• Associates or vocational degree in drafting technology or high school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three years’ of power plant design experience or related field experience preferred but not required.
• Experience utilizing 3D programs such as MicroStation, AutoCAD, Revit, AutoCAD MEP, or Navisworks and have knowledge of the latest computer operating systems.
• Must be able to conceptualize in a 3D environment.
• Must be able to communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests.
• Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and PDF software.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Drafting, Engineer, Electrical, Construction, Wastewater, Engineering