Kiewit Corporation Early Career Civil Engineer - Kiewit Power Engineers in Lenexa, Kansas
Early Career Civil Engineer - Kiewit Power Engineers
Date: Jun 11, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 80444
• Assist in the evaluation, selection and application of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to site development projects.
• Design for an assigned system that may include analysis, calculations, research, selection, layout, etc. necessary to develop required design documents.
• Utilize knowledge of departmental design standards and applicable engineering codes to review prepared drawings and documents for conformance; work with civil designers to ensure quality procedures are followed.
• Plan, schedule, and analyze scope, staffing and budgeting.
• Assist in design efforts with all project personnel in all disciplines and departments ranging in moderate to large or complex projects.
• Collaborate with entry and mid-level employees for skills development; review work progress and results and provide direction as needed.
• Utilize basic civil engineering software packages and computer-aided drafting software in accordance with industry codes and standards.
• Collaborate with various discipline and subsidiary groups to provide expertise and support business needs.
• Provide recommendations and suggestions on designs as well as processes and standards.
• Work closely with Kiewit construction partners in a collaborative manner to ensure total project success.
• Knowledge of basic spreadsheet, database, word processing programs and basic computer operation
• Experience with computer-assisted engineering and design software, preferably Autocad Civil 3D, MicroStation, Geopak and/or drainage calculation software
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in a Civil Engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year college or university program
• Engineering in Training (EIT) license preferred
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Drafting, Database, Engineering, Technology