Kiewit Corporation Early Career Civil Designer - Kiewit Power Engineers in Lenexa, Kansas
Early Career Civil Designer - Kiewit Power Engineers
Date: Nov 30, 2018
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 76412
• Assist with 3D modeling, ensuring correct reference files are attached and model reference directory is up to date; develop 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills.
• Coordinate with project team by utilizing the Project Database; report project progression updates and or issues to Lead Designer as required.
• Assist in the review of designs for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
• Help create guidelines, checklists or other applicable knowledge base documents as assigned.
Collaborate with team members in design and drafting techniques to challenge abilities; provide constructive feedback to aid in employee development.
• Collaborate with various discipline and subsidiary groups to provide expertise and support business needs.
• Assist in completion of as-builts by utilizing RFIs, ECNs and red-marked drawings from construction to develop “Conformed to Construction Records” as required.
• Participate in project and layout meetings; coordinate and assist in activities of project team members.
• Proficient in utilizing a Computer-Aided Drafting program such as MicroStation, GeoPak, InRoads, Navis Works, AutoCad or AutoCad Civil 3D
• Basic knowledge of the latest computer operating systems, spreadsheets, and databases
• Ability to effectively communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests
• Associate’s degree in drafting technology and one-two years’ of civil design experience or a related field; or completion of a vocational training program in drafting and one-two years of civil design experience or a related field; or high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one-two years’ of civil design experience
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Drafting, Database, Engineering, Technology