Kiewit Corporation BIM/Designer- Building Design Services in Lenexa, Kansas
BIM/Designer- Building Design Services
Date: Feb 3, 2020
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 90279
The Building Design Services (BDS) BIM/Designer will be responsible for development and execution of Building design deliverables including multi-discipline 3D models and construction documents. This position will focus on the execution of a variety of building projects related to the Power, Industrial, Water, and Services industries.
• Execution of multi-discipline project design deliverables in Revit, as assigned by the project lead.
• Work in a team environment with other designers and architects/engineers to meet the goals of the projects.
• Provide quality checks for deliverables in accordance with company standards
• Participate in BIM/Revit process, tool and standard development/maintenance
• Become familiar with company “design-build” engineering design processes
• Proficient in Revit modeling design software
• Experience in industrial building design
• Experience with industrial projects in the Power, Water and Food & Beverage markets, is a plus
• Possesses and demonstrates effective team skills
• Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization and reaches resolution with a variety of audiences
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and active listening skills
• High degree of self-motivation and positive motivating capacity to work with others
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Drafting, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering