Kiewit Corporation Affirmative Action Manager - Employee Relations in Lenexa, Kansas
Affirmative Action Manager - Employee Relations
Date: Feb 2, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 79109
As our Affirmative Action Manager, you will serve as a subject matter expert on all matters related to Affirmative Action (AA) across the entire Kiewit organization.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
This position will be based out Lenexa, KS
• Leading, developing, and motivating the team of affirmative action professionals and ensures that they are equipped with the knowledge, skills, abilities and tools needed to execute their jobs
• Managing the team in conducting analyses, and developing and guiding the implementation of Supply & Service Affirmative Action Programs (AAPs) and initiatives designed to ensure compliance with the federal requirements and the Company’s overall diversity goals
• Managing the Company’s 16-Step Construction Compliance Program
• Providing subject matter expertise on all matters related to affirmative action and provides oversight of AAPs and good faith effort action-oriented plans and technical approaches, products and processes, and leads process improvements
• Ensuring OFCCP compliance evaluations and complaint investigations are effectively managed in partnership with the Legal department
• Developing and overseeing the Company’s Outreach Program
• Helping develop and execute AA policies and procedures, and provides affirmative action related input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals and objectives. Developing and maintains relationships and partnerships with business unit leaders, key internal and external stakeholders, HR partners, peers, and direct reports to address specific affirmative action concerns and ensure that these efforts comply with federal and state regulatory agency requirements
• Serving on task forces and committees, as well as performing a variety of other duties as assigned
• Assisting with the development of policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce for the organization
• Managing/overseeing internal EEO/diversity data requests
• Minimum of 10 years' experience in Employee Relations
• 8+ years' experience developing, implementing and monitoring Affirmative Action Plans
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience managing OFCCP compliance evaluations in a similarly structured role
• Experience as a supervisor, team lead or manager
• Expert knowledge of federal and state employment regulations
• Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time, sometimes with short notice
• In-depth knowledge of Affirmative Action principles, and the governing laws and regulations including Executive Order and laws for individuals with disabilities and protected veterans
• In-depth knowledge of equal employment opportunity laws and regulations
• Knowledge of statistical concepts and experience developing recommendations based on results of data analysis
• Experience using AAP software systems
• Experience using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and advanced functions of Microsoft Excel.
• Desired experience accessing human resources information systems (HRIS).
• Desired-working knowledge of diversity practices
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required
• Strong writing skills
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, inclusive of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality when working with sensitive data
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
• Solid investigative and analytical skills sufficient to resolve problems
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other job site policies
• Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, managing a variety of tasks simultaneously with efficiency, a large and diversified workload, and challenging situations
• Ability to work normal working hours at their designated work location, from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively
• Ability to present in front of a group
• Ability to work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Regularly sit, bend, stand, stoop, walk, talk, and listen
• Regular, reliable attendance
Other Common Names for this Role: EEO Manager, EEO Compliance Manager, Manager of EEO Compliance, Manager of Affirmative Action
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, HR, Law, Compliance, Information Systems, Engineering, Human Resources, Legal, Technology