Kiewit Corporation Field Support Specialist - Kiewit Business Services in Laval, Quebec
Field Support Specialist - Kiewit Business Services
Date: Dec 7, 2018
Location: Laval, QC, CA
Requisition ID: 77930
Kiewit Business Services (KBS) is a cross-functional shared service organization that provides the business units with customer-specific services focused on cost and business value. Our services include non-core, yet essential, functions of our businesses including accounts payable, accounts receivable, change control, human capital management, payroll, project initiation, compliance and continuous improvement.
The KBS Field Support team provides front-end support for all departments within Kiewit Business Services. As a Field Support Specialist, you will be responsible for providing outstanding support and customer service to all areas of the Kiewit organization. Tasks include handling inbound calls, cases, and chat requests covering a variety of services provided by KBS, including AP, Time, Payroll, HCM, Card & Concur services, and more. This is a fast-paced, challenging environment that provides each team member with the opportunity to continuously learn and grow in all facets of Kiewit’s core business activities. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and learn all aspects of our business and to help prepare you for a long, successful career with Kiewit.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
This position will be based in Laval, QC.
• Develop strong relationships with field personnel; provide excellent customer service in support of the Kiewit business units
• Understand and fully utilize technology to alleviate customer-impacting concerns; accountable for prompt and accurate assignment and resolution of service requests
• Understand Kiewit’s core business and demonstrate a sense of urgency toward business-critical issues; Team members must be willing to go above and beyond in support of Kiewit’s districts and projects.
• Understand and follow processes, procedures, and internal controls
• Reliable and consistent attendance
• Support and participate in collaboration activities to promote and implement continuous process improvement
• Perform other job-related tasks as needed or assigned
• Working knowledge of computers and experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; clearly conveys messages and ideas, gains understanding; generates interest and holds attention, listens and is open to the ideas of others
• Highly motivated and self-directed; initiative and a sense of urgency to get things done
• Attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Excellent analytical, math and organization skills
• Ability to understand and follow process and controls
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, high volume environment
• Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned work
• Excellent customer service and collaboration skills; ability to connect and build relationships with others inside and outside the organization
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy with minimal supervision in a high volume environment
• College Degree in business or related field preferred
• Previous SAP experience preferred
• Prior work experience in a shared services environment preferred
• Travel as needed (<5%)
• Sitting for long periods of time
• Lifting, stooping, bending, reaching, climbing stairs, etc.
• Reading from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Field Service, Engineer, ERP, Accounts Receivable, Finance, Manufacturing, Engineering, Technology