Kiewit Corporation Field Surveyor - Kingston in Kingston, Ontario
Field Surveyor - Kingston
Date: Jun 1, 2019
Location: Kingston, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 79706
• Work alongside project Survey Manager to help with daily field and office operations.
• Oversee the placement of survey control and run office adjustments on field data.
• Ability to work 45 to 50 hours per week both inside and out in all weather conditions.
• Ability to work night shift and cover some weekends if needed
• Must able to meet with project managers and clients to discuss progress and schedule.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with clear driving record
• Graduate of a recognized technical collge in Civil or Geomatics
• One year survey experience Oo an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Able to pass a back ground check and drug test
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with Trimble robotics a plus
• Experience using Microstation with Inroads and Trimble Business Center a plus.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Surveyor, Engineer, Night, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Operations