Kiewit Corporation Building HVAC and Plumbing Engineer in Kansas
Date: Feb 24, 2018
Location: KS, US
Requisition ID: 72106
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Become familiar and confident in understanding the work flow required to estimate, bid and construct buildings in an EPC (Engineer, Procure and Construct) environment for the power industry.
• Review RFP documents and prepare estimates of the mechanical systems and write mechanical system narratives for estimating and project proposals.
• Review and comment on accuracy of estimates, technically and commercially.
• Coordinate with multiple design disciplines during the design development phase.
• Provide the system design concept, equipment sizing, equipment selection, system controls and the finalized design for power plant support buildings and administration buildings including: offices, server/computer rooms, warehouses, F type industrial, H type industrial, and Class I, Division I & II.
• Prepare production drawings and specifications for building related HVAC and plumbing systems that will be used in design development packages to be sent to sub-contractors for bidding.
• Assist with technical bid analysis reviews.
• Have a good understanding of mechanical systems codes and requirements.
• Coordinate building HVAC items requiring clarification from the Owner and/or Building Official.
• Verify the HVAC and plumbing installation/construction compliance with engineering specifications and plan requirements, coordinate shop drawings and other equipment submittals during construction administration.
• Checks and navigates in 3D models for review of interferences and constructability during design and construction administration.
• Building related plumbing design experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or architectural engineering minimum.
• Licensed engineer with five years minimum of experience in preparing design documents for HVAC and plumbing systems.
• Experience in the power industry and with EPC (Engineer, Procure and Construct) contracts a plus.
• Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD MEP, Navisworks, Trane Trace 700, ASHRAE Psychrometric Analysis, Windows Office applications.
• Self starter that can integrate with various engineering design disciplines.
• Able to coordinate and interface with multiple disciplines.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Construction, HVAC, Engineer, Plumbing, Compliance, Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing, Legal