Kiewit Corporation Heat Treatment Control Room Operator in Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Heat Treatment Control Room Operator
Date: Nov 28, 2018
Location: Johnstown, PA, US
Requisition ID: 77814
• With regard to that portion of the work performed, develop complete understanding of contract plans, specifications, applicable codes and jurisdictional requirements.
• Observe functioning of operational equipment or systems to determine need for adjustments and identify any safety hazards you or fellow employees may be subject to, taking all necessary corrective actions to eliminate or minimize hazards.
• Assist in identifying and reporting rework and non-conforming issues.
• Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
• Related two-year degree or equivalent relevant heat-treat experience and strong mathematical aptitude.
• Must be willing and able to relocate temporarily or for a longer term period to project sites as needed.
• Fast-paced district or project office environment. Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management and staff while maintaining a diverse workload. Sit, stand, see, walk, talk and listen. Occasionally lift and move objects up to 80 pounds.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Johnstown
Job Segment: Engineer, Equipment Operator, QC, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality