Kiewit Corporation Superintendent in Jessup, Pennsylvania
Date: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Jessup, PA, US
Requisition ID: 55181
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
This supervisor position reports to the Construction Manager or General Superintendent. Typical duties will include but not limited to supervising craft personnel; scheduling and directing work crews, preparing work plans, assuring quality control, managing and tracking costs and materials, scheduling equipment, administering safety programs and maintaining exceptional owner relations.
·Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or similar type experience in a construction related position that provides the knowledge and experience required for this position.
·Must possess a minimum of 5 years experience in piping related field.
·Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
·Knowledge of construction safety and current federal and OSHA requirements.
·Broad knowledge of engineering and construction methods.
·Working knowledge of computers is desirable.
·Ability to travel based on business needs.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Scranton
Nearest Secondary Market: Wilkes Barre
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, QC, Mechanical Engineer, Construction Engineer, Engineering, Quality