Kiewit Corporation EMT in Ingleside, Texas
Date: Mar 11, 2019
Location: Ingleside, TX, US
Requisition ID: 79466
• Provide emergency medical support to any injured or critically ill patient.
• Coordinate and conduct drug and alcohol testing
• Assist in monitoring the activities of heavy industrial construction projects, ensuring the facility's compliance with pertinent governmental regulations, company policies and procedures.
• Assist in determining the cause of unsafe conditions and injury claims through procedure, equipment and facilities inspection and worker observation.
• Review project work plans for accuracy in conformance with the standards and assist in environmental health and safety program audits, coaching, and training.
• Assist with the presentations during new hire safety training and safety meetings.
• Monitor all construction work for compliance with environmental health and safety requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety (OSHA) or equivalent degree/work experience
• Must have a Texas issued EMT License
• Knowledge of construction safety and current Federal and OSHA requirements
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
• Strong attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Ability to carry out duties in varying work environments including wide ranging weather conditions and terrain with the ability to travel and/or relocate as required for projects
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Corpus Christi
Job Segment: Engineer, Inspector, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Compliance, Engineering, Quality, Legal