Kiewit Corporation Structural Engineer- OGC Engineering in Houston, Texas
Structural Engineer- OGC Engineering
Date: May 22, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 79253
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office
• Analyze structures using various structural engineering software programs for the design of buildings and building foundations, equipment platforms and foundations, pipe racks, and miscellaneous concrete and steel structures Prepares quantities, cost estimates, and other supporting documentation for projects.
• Prepare engineering drawings and calculations, include specifications relating to the discipline.
• Reviewing, monitoring and ensuring compliance requirements are met for design and (e.g. Standards, specification and local codes and regulations etc.)
• Interact with multi-discipline and multi-office teams within Kiewit and across various departments.
• Perform engineering design ensuring to Communicate and interface with designers and other disciplines
• Coordinate with Construction to answer field generated RFI’s
• Minimum 10 years’ hand on experience in civil/structural engineering in the oil and gas or heavy industrial market, preferably with EPC experience.
• Knowledgeable in engineering software, such as Staad Pro, SAP2000, SAFE, spMats, and Mathcad.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering in a civil from an ABET accredited four-year college or university program.
• Licensed Professional Engineer with NCEES records preferred
• Familiar with latest national and design codes such as IBC, ACI and AISC.
• Team player who is able to work independently and take initiative.
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in LNG projects is strongly desirable.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Structural Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Compliance, Engineering, Legal