Kiewit Corporation Structural Designer- OGC Engineering in Houston, Texas
Structural Designer- OGC Engineering
Date: Jul 24, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 80425
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor
• Reviews the work of designers developing documents as needed for the project.
• Acts independently to utilize industry and company standards to design effectively. No supervision required to apply standard correctly to design.
• Reviews application of standards and can make suggestions on improvements needed
• Review vendor documentation and comment as it applies to client and project needs.
• Complete as-builts by utilizing Request for Information (RFIs), Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and red-marked drawings from construction.
• Communicates effectively with supervisor and members of immediate department.
• Works collaboratively across departments and involves others in solving problems.
• Associate degree + 8 years' experience or High School diploma + 10 years’ experience as a minimum.
• 8-10 years minimum relevant experience in structural design for refining or petrochemical industry.
• LNG project experience is a plus
• Provides guidance, leadership and training to less experienced structural designers.
• Leads small team to complete task/design on project.
• Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
• Serves as technical resource to engineers, designers and construction.
• Experience utilizing a computer-aided drafting program (AutoCAD, Navis Works) and have knowledge of the latest computer operating systems; thorough understanding of spreadsheets and databases.
• Knowledge of 3D modeling and Smart Plant 3D is a must.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Structural Engineer, Electrical, Drafting, Engineering