Kiewit Corporation Quality Coordinator- OGC Engineering in Houston, Texas
Quality Coordinator- OGC Engineering
Date: Aug 15, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 81147
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office
The Quality Coordinator reports directly to the Quality Manager. He or she administrates the Company Quality Plan and is responsible for assuring that quality standards and procedures are disseminated and implemented throughout the company. He or she performs and reports on internal quality system audits and assists in the overall administration of the internal audit program.
• Maintains a high level of understanding of company standards and guidelines.
• Maintains Client Critique Schedules, Tracking and Trends
• Provide update to employees on client critique results
• Maintains Corrective Action Reports
• Facilitates Root Cause Analysis as required
• Maintains a solid knowledge base of District Quality Manuals
• Identify potential quality incidents before they arise
• Participates in district standards meetings as required and provide input/feedback as it relates to quality assurance.
• Understands the requirements of ISO 9001 Standards.
• Helps in the planning of, and participates in, internal quality audits. Conducts reviews of required documents and support materials, interviews staff, and administers online audit questions to assess compliance with documented procedures.
• Provides administrative support for audits, other Quality Department programs and initiatives, and Monthly Operations Reviews.
• Reviews documentation of inspections, test, and control of records to identify emerging problems.
• Facilitates quality presentations as required
• Disseminates quality information in the office and on the intranet results to managers on a weekly basis, writing monthly articles for company newsletter, presenting information at department discipline meetings, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or eight years of related experience in Quality Assurance.
• ASQ Audit certification is preferred.
• Experience with work processing, spreadsheet and database applications required
• Strong critical thinking skills.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Commitment to quality, safety, ethics, and integrity.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Quality Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Engineering, Quality