Kiewit Corporation Project Manager - Soil Mixing in Houston, Texas
Project Manager - Soil Mixing
Date: Jul 2, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 80350
The Project Manager (PM) is the individual with overall accountability for the on-site project operations and management. Larger and complex projects may require full time on-site needs. However, smaller and less complex project, the PM may travel to/from the project as needed. The PM may be responsible for multiple smaller projects at the same time. They're primarily concerned with ensuring that the project delivers the agreed business benefits. The PM acts as the representative of the organization, and plays a vital leadership role through:
• providing 'champion leadership' for the project, leading by example on all aspects (safety, quality, operations, client relations, etc.)
• providing business expertise and guidance to the project team
• leading the project in all prime contractor / client interfacing and contractual relations
• recruiting and growing your team at all levels of the organization
• Ensure that the project and team is properly launched and the project schedule is accurate, realistic, and meeting the contractual terms.
• Certify that the financial budget of the project is being followed and met.
• Assure changes to the project are properly managed and risks are assessed.
• Establish the project organization, roles and reporting structure.
• Confirm the project is following all Safety and Quality guidelines and policies.
• Approve key project deliverables, initiating project reviews and supporting the process of review with project team.
• Administer the contract terms, resolving conflicts, negotiating PCO’s, and removing obstacles to progress
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in any discipline from a four-year college or university is preferred.
• At least 10+ years’ of related experience and/or training, specifically in the heavy civil/ specialty foundations construction industry with soil mixing, auger cast piles, dis-placement piles and stone columns.
• Experience leading multi-million dollar contracts, including ownership of operations, project administration, client relations and all other scopes relative to large construction projects.
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook, Primavera 6, and Hard Dollar.
• Must be able to regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen
• Occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Relocation or temporary job assignment to projects is required
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (50-75%)
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Project Manager, Manager, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Technology, Management