Kiewit Corporation Project Manager - Mega Project in Houston, Texas
Project Manager - Mega Project
Date: Aug 15, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 80743
Kiewit Building Group (KBG) specializes in vertical construction and is headquartered in Englewood, CO (Denver metro). Although the HQ is in CO, we do work across the US.
This position is to support Building scopes of work on Kiewit Oil and Gas projects located in Corpus Christi, TX, Houston, TX, and St. Charles, LA.
KBG is currently looking for Projects Managers in the Omaha, Denver, Washington DC, Seattle, Dallas/Fort Worth and Hawaii markets.
Kiewit Building Group has projects across the United States, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is, this includes the lower 48 states, HI, and AK. Job assignment location will be determined approximately 30 days out from start date.
Kiewit Building Group is currently seeking a Project Manager. This position is a job site management position and typically assumes responsibility for the administrative and technical aspects of constructing a project.
Kiewit’s mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we are building hospitals to support the community, boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else. Responsibilities:
• Budget and schedule development and maintenance
• Assuring quality control, contract compliance and administration
• Project administration systems management and management of assigned job site personnel.
• Administering safety programs and maintaining good owner relations.
• Overall responsibility for project P & L, schedule, quality, and personnel development.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in all aspects of managing commercial construction projects with a proven track record of successful outcomes.
• Undergraduate degree in construction engineering, construction management or a related degree or comparable work experience.
• Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
• Work independently as well as part of a team
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Strong organization/time management skills
• Travel and relocation may be required
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Project Manager, Manager, Compliance, QC, Engineering, Technology, Management, Legal, Quality