Kiewit Corporation Project Controls Manager - Kiewit OGC Engineering in Houston, Texas
Project Controls Manager - Kiewit OGC Engineering
Date: Nov 21, 2018
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 75581
• This role will be required to perform many of the activities noted below for ongoing project controls support and also for system and tools development.
• Assists in developing and preparing cost and schedule information for proposals or projects.
• Assists with the development of engineering project controls procedures, work instructions, tools, reports, standards, etc.
• Provides and coordinates data, documents, etc. necessary for the project historical reports.
• Develops, implements and maintains metrics to report cost/schedule health for projects.
• Provides cost/schedule input for any on or off project standards, weekly, monthly reports, etc.
• Assists in the development of estimate turnover package for project execution as it relates to cost engineering, planning and scheduling.
• Reports to the Engineering Manager of Project Controls and/or (On-Project) Project Controls Manager
Cost Engineering/ Estimating
• Coordinates, develops and implements the cost budget preparation and control for project execution, which includes cost breakdown structure, account code mapping, loading the estimate into the cost tracking software, assisting in earned value set-up, etc.
• Responsible for monitoring, controlling, forecasting, reporting and providing any recommendations and analysis regarding project cost performance and projections.
• Develops, implements and maintains job hour reporting/labor corrections.
• Responsible for reviewing billing details for invoicing purposes.
• Develops and maintains on-project staffing plans and /forecasts with integration from the schedules and earned value systems.
• Implements and maintains the Change Management Program during project execution and assists and/or develops estimates and analysis for scope and non-scope changes/trends.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of on-project cash flow/revenue projections and provides cash flow/revenue assistance to the business manager as necessary.
• Assists in implementation and maintenance of a project quantity tracking program, as required with engineering management.
Planning and Scheduling
• Responsible for developing, maintaining and controlling the project schedules during proposal and project executions for engineering and procurement/subcontract scopes of work. Also works with construction on the integration of the CPM schedules.
• Responsible for documenting and providing input into schedule narratives and basis/assumption documentation.
• Responsible for the reviewing of schedule information as it relates to discipline logic ties and interfaces between other disciplines and functions through initial development and during look ahead meetings and discussions, etc.
• Responsible for the loading and leveling of job hours/other resources in the P6 schedule and maintaining during project execution.
• Monitors any schedule deviations and provides a time-impact analysis and recommendations for corrective action. Also provides schedule analysis for changes as a result of the change management/trend program.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the earned value systems and ensuring the integration and integrity between the schedules and budgets.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance, at a minimum, the job hours, progress, man-power and quantity release graphs and charts.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering / engineering technology, or business administration/finance.
• Working knowledge of the application of AACEI, CII and PMI’s Best / Recommended Practices and Concepts.
• Basic to Intermediate knowledge in the understanding and comprehension of the technical and practicable methods and techniques for engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up.
• Intermediate knowledge in the understanding of project controls concepts and tools (as they relate to cost engineering, estimating, planning/scheduling engineering, earned value management and systems etc.).
• Basic knowledge in the understanding of cost/schedule risk analysis as it relates to the risk management program, contingency development and analysis, etc.
• Skilled demonstration in effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills in presenting information from colleagues to management.
• Working Knowledge of Hard Dollar, Tableau, and SAP software a plus.
• Intermediate knowledge in the use of MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Basic to intermediate knowledge in the use of VBA/Macros, SQL, and Oracle language a plus.
• Basic to Intermediate knowledge of statistical analysis in the areas of sampling, distributions, probability, regression, hypothesis testing, etc.
• Strong work ethic and interpersonal, organization and leadership skills
• Results oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and work independently or on a team.
• Experience with standard office computer software.
• Potential travel for training purposes.
Cost Engineering Specific
• AACEI Certified Cost Technician (CCT) or Certified Cost Professional (CCP) certification a plus.
• At least 5-10 years cost engineering experience in Oil Gas and Chemical market.
• Knowledge of the application of financial reporting systems and controller account codes and functions, etc.
Planning and Scheduling Specific
• AACEI Certified Scheduling Technician (CST) or Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) and/or Earned Value Professional (EVP) certification a plus.
• At least 5-10 years planning, scheduling and earned value experience in the Oil Gas and Chemical market.
• Knowledge of the application of planning, scheduling and earned value systems, etc.
• Intermediate knowledge of CPM and Primavera 6.0 or higher software.
• AACEI Certified Estimating Professional (CEP) certification a plus.
• At least 5 -10 years estimating experience in Oil Gas and Chemical market.
• Familiar with service estimating principles, etc.
• Understanding and application of stochastic, parametric, deterministic, etc. estimating methodologies.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Controls Engineer, Construction, Project Engineer, Chemical Research, Project Manager, Engineering, Technology