Kiewit Corporation Process Engineer in Houston, Texas
Date: May 15, 2018
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 74742
• Work within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers within a strict budget and schedule to execute design and engineering on projects.
• Generate design deliverables such as PFD’s, P&ID’s, process simulations, datasheets, and engineering calculations including hydraulics, process simulations, and performance flow curves.
• Use specific software packages for process systems and hydraulics modeling and scenario studies (Aspen, HYSYS, etc.).
• Contribute to the development of client proposals and project cost estimates.
• Provide front line issue resolution of technical issues associated with design, construction, equipment and/or operations of the hydro-processing units.
• Work primarily on gas processing and/or gas production facilities, LNG facilities, and other OG&C type facilities.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical Engineering
• At least 6-10 years’ industrial experience in process development, conceptual design, or process support with a background in refining, chemicals, or polymers.
• Microsoft Office Suites
• Aspen HYSYS and other process simulation tools
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Hydraulics, Construction, Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Engineering