Kiewit Corporation Piping Material Controller- OGC Engineering in Houston, Texas
Piping Material Controller- OGC Engineering
Date: Jun 12, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 80460
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office
• Leads quality checks of the engineering and design of a major project to ensure accuracy.
• Build piping material database from electronic downloads as well as manual takeoffs.
• Perform valve takeoffs from P&IDS for early purchase and tracking throughout the job.
• Purchase all piping materials including many specialty items.
• Coordinate piping material quantity reports to Estimating for A/R and Control Estimates.
• Responsible Engineer for Material Requisitions.
• Respond to RFIs and Technical Queries.
• Update various progress reports which are required by Project Controls.
• Check and issue isometric drawings. (Checking Material etc)
• Coordinate any Piping Material Specification updates which occur during the job.
• Review and process vendor prints as they are received from Document Control.
• Support procurement, vendors with technical issues.
• Leads team to best cost options while maintaining safety and quality.
• Leads major project or proposal with team as needed.
• Reviews the work of engineers and designers to develop engineering and design documents as needed for the project.
• Leads and promotes team to find innovative working methods to generate new ideas.
• Ensures team has resources to identify new solutions and finds best cost solutions.
• Serves a resource to review and lead standards/best practices development by staff.
• Leads team to identify changes in scope of work during a large project and produces engineering design changes as needed to stay within budget and schedule.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 10+ year minimum relevant experience in Oil, Gas & Chemicals industry.
• Acts independently to determine methods and processes for assignments.
• Supervises and directs a team within the department.
• Develops team members to reach potential and act as a resource for troubleshooting, innovative solutions, team support.
• Work collaboratively across departments, field and projects solving problems.
• Builds and develops high performance teams.
• Works will with others to accomplish common goals and objectives.
• Fosters environment that emphasizes collaboration and coordination.
• Develops and presents work in well-constructed written and verbal presentations. Clearly conveys messages and ideas, gains understanding.
• Communicates effectively across all departments of organization.
• Initiates meetings within own team, other disciplines or internal customers for clarity on work.
• Serves as technical resource to engineers, designers and other departments.
• Continuously improves efficiency and performance.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Controls Engineer, Accounting, Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Engineering, Finance