Kiewit Corporation Piping Designer in Houston, Texas
Date: Jun 7, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 80166
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office
• Develops and checks less experienced engineers to solve design issues.
• Provide guidance on corrective measures to address issues in drawings.
• Manages several different assignments simultaneously.
• Act as field resource to assist construction in the field on medium to complex issues.
• Provides technical knowledge and guidance for standards and design to less experienced designers.
• Creates innovative working methods to generate new ideas.
• Uses resources to identify new solutions and finds best cost solutions.
• Proactively reviews and suggests alternate solutions to improve communication on drawings between departments.
• Identities changes in scope of work during large projects and produces drawing changes as needed to stay within budget and schedule.
• Serves as resource to less experienced designers to convey intent and application of procedures and industry standards to produce quality deliverables.
• 10 year minimum relevant experience.
• Advanced skills in SmartPlant 3D design software required
• Experience with plant layout and leading projects
• Travel < 20% expected.
• Acts independently to determine methods and processes for assignments.
• Trains and leads team of designers as needed.
• Leads team for work with high complexity.
• Work with project team as representative and coordinates work within discipline department.
• Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
• Develops and presents work in well-constructed written and verbal presentations. Clearly conveys messages and ideas, gains understanding.
• Ability to lead a project with little direction
• Experience with conceptual layout and plot plan development for a variety of OG&C plant designs
• Experience with conceptual front-end engineering and estimating required
• Communicates effectively across all departments of organization.
• Works collaboratively across departments and with field to solve problems.
• Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
• Continuously looking for ways to improve processes for customers and makes recommendations for improvements.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Fabrication, Mechanical Engineer, Wastewater, Engineering, Manufacturing