Kiewit Corporation Mechanical Engineer - OGC Engineering in Houston, Texas
Mechanical Engineer - OGC Engineering
Date: Apr 26, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 80041
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office
This position focuses on the application and specification of a broad range of mechanical equipment in the oil and gas and petrochemical industries. Responsibilities include:
• Lead a team of engineers and estimators in developing conceptual designs/estimates for projects in the OGC market.
• Prepare mechanical equipment data sheets, specifications, requisitions, and drawings with sufficient detail to define the equipment scope and technical requirements.
• Implement requirements from various engineering standards, contracts, and proposal documents to define equipment scope and technical requirements.
• Perform equipment sizing and design calculations.
• Perform technical bid evaluations.
• Coordinate work with other engineers, designers, project managers, construction personnel and vendors.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college or university.
• 10+ years of experience in the LNG, midstream, refining, and/or petrochemical industries.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. The individual will develop familiarity with and learn to use the mechanical department design software tools.
• Proficiency with mechanical equipment design software such as COMPRESS, PV Elite, HTRI, TANK, etc. is preferred.
• Strong understanding of underlying engineering principles of best practices instead of rote memorization.
• Strong critical thinking skills.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Commitment to safety, ethics, and integrity.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Mechanical Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Fabrication, Engineering, Manufacturing