Kiewit Corporation Jr. Business Analyst in Houston, Texas
Jr. Business Analyst
Date: Jul 13, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 80474
• Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
• Reviewing business processes and developing optimization strategies.
• Staying up-to-date on the latest accounting, finance, and IT process advancements to automate and modernize systems.
• Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
• Performing requirements analysis.
• Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
• Communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
• Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports and dashboards.
• Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
• Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
• Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
• Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
• Serving as a liaison between operations and support group resources.
• Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
• Developing reports and dashboards to assist in monitoring process improvement.
• Performing and monitoring inter-company accounting and billing for services.
• Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• Ability to work closely with employees to determine acceptable solutions.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
• A track record of following through on commitments.
• Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
• A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
• A bachelor’s degree in business or an IT related field.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analysis or a related field.
• Advanced technical skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerBI, and Access.
• Database extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) experience.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Engineer, Database, Business Manager, Finance, Engineering, Technology, Management