Kiewit Corporation Field/Office Engineer Intern (Summer 2020) - Kiewit Energy US in Houston, Texas
Field/Office Engineer Intern (Summer 2020) - Kiewit Energy US
Date: Sep 9, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 81603
Are you interested in being able to travel the country while you build complex projects that better our economy and future? How about having an opportunity to become an employee owner of a Fortune 500 company where your opinion is valued? If this is something that interests you, Kiewit Energy Group is looking for individuals who can make a profound impact on our company culture every day.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs. Kiewit Energy US district office is located in Houston, TX).
• Work with a vibrant and diverse team to build, estimate, and schedule mechanical, electrical and heavy industrial systems.
• Support both administrative and construction activities as assigned by the supervisor, reviewing proposals/specifications, drawings, perform material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates and attend pre-bid investigation meetings.
• Learn how to supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors.
• Prepare work plans, assure quality control, manage and track costs and materials, schedule equipment, administer safety programs and maintain exceptional owner relations will fall within the job duties as well.
• We are looking for the next generation of leaders who strive for excellence and have the drive and desire it takes to work in the fast paced, heavy construction environment.
• Ability to travel and/or relocate as required
• Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in construction management, engineering or related degree
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
• Familiarity with SureTrak, Hard Dollar, Revit, SAP, Pro Log and/or Primavera “P6” is preferred
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA requirements is preferred
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Intern, Electrical, Construction, ERP, Engineer, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology