Kiewit Corporation Estimating Manager - Kiewit Energy US in Houston, Texas
Estimating Manager - Kiewit Energy US
Date: Mar 6, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 76966
• Implement and oversee district estimating program and activities including the development of policies and procedures.
• Assist district manager in the review of all estimates; arrange and coordinate second estimates, maintain past cost history and comparable details.
• Maintain training program for estimating staff, update and maintain lead estimator and sponsor manuals and supervise district scheduling department.
• Maintain district standard for control budgets and district staffing chart, and assign field engineers as needed.
• Coordinate with the business development department in the preparation of proposal documents.
• Participate in and manage estimate reviews and bid submittals; manage the estimating lead staff, superintendents, and engineers for electrical, instrumentation, civil and mechanical portion of numerous power plant estimates (Coal, ACS, Simple Cycle, Combined Cycle, etc).
• Ensure training of all new graduates is scheduled for engineers in estimating and Field Engineer duties.
• Provide estimating support for numerous projects, perform quantity takeoffs and solicit, evaluate and incorporate vendor or manufacturer material and subcontract pricing.
• Prepare recaps, pricing sheets, bid forms and other proposal documents for in-house review and bid submittal.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering with an emphasis in civil, mechanical or electrical engineering is preferred
• At least 15 years’ estimating experience in EPC estimating practices.
• Strong work ethic and interpersonal, organization and leadership skills
• Ability to work on a team as well as work independently with little or no supervision
• Experience with standard office computer software
• Proficiency in Primavera Project Planner and exposure to multiple facets of engineering
• Results oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
• Ability to travel and relocate as company needs dictate
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Business Development, Electrical, Manager, Instrumentation, Engineering, Sales, Management