Kiewit Corporation Early Career Process Safety Engineer I - Fire Protection - Kiewit OGC Engineering in Houston, Texas
Early Career Process Safety Engineer I - Fire Protection - Kiewit OGC Engineering
Date: Jun 18, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 80274
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office
• Work as a Fire protection engineer within Process Safety Engineering.
• Under supervision analyses hazards and determines the extent of fire protection needed per codes and project requirements.
• Develops project design documents for fire water, fire and gas systems, fire extinguishers and other fire protection.
• Performs basic calculations under the supervision of a more senior engineer. Seeks out more experienced engineer for guidance and expertise.
• Defines, identify the problem and report to a senior engineer.
• Has solid foundation of understanding and ability to use technical knowledge.
• Expand knowledge through training and work experience.
• Learn codes and standards to complete assignments.
• Perform non-routine technical assignments of limited scope.
• Perform tasks according to company procedure industry codes and regulations.
• Handles various assignments, including rework, in timely manner to meet schedule deadlines.
• Performs assigned work efficiently and effectively.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Fire Protection Engineering or Chemical Engineering with Fire Protection minor minimum required.
• 0-2 year minimum relevant experience in refining and petrochemical industry.
• Good familiarity with application of fire codes for industrial petrochemical facilities.
• Receives direction from more experienced engineer.
• Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
• Communicates effectively orally and in writing. Present ideas clearly and in professional manner.
• High level of self-discipline, motivation, and ability to operate in a team environment.
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Safety Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering