Kiewit Corporation Early Career I&C Engineer - Kiewit OGC Engineering in Houston, Texas
Early Career I&C Engineer - Kiewit OGC Engineering
Date: May 17, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 79967
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving oil and gas markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve midstream, refining, and midstream markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil and gas team, which includes structural/civil, piping, mechanical, process and process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North and South America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
• Performs basic calculations such as instrument air consumption, voltage drop, standard cases of control valves, relief valve sizing, flow element sizing and thermowells vibration calculations under the supervision of a more senior engineer.
• Solves problems using well established scientific principles.
• Ability to make a decision and solve problems from experiences.
• Able to analyze data and understands the relationships and correlations.
• Ability to draw conclusions and present finding to senior leadership.
• Proactive about learning new information and skills.
• Initiates development of personal objectives aligned with those of the organization.
• Seeks feedback and uses it effectively.
• Has good understanding of the complete design and has good input into ways of improving the design.
• Utilize codes and standards to complete assignments.
• Identifies the customer’s both internally and externally.
• Handles various assignments, including rework, in timely manner to meet schedule deadlines.
• Performs assigned work efficiently and effectively to maximize person productivity.
• Performs quality checks of the design in a team environment to ensure accuracy.
• Carries out assignments carefully while focused on details.
• Follows policies, procedures, safety guidelines on their work.
• Clearly conveys important details when identified
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Chemical Engineering minimum required.
• 0-4 year minimum relevant experience in refining and petrochemical industry.
• Receives limited instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignment from more experienced engineer.
• Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
• Communicates effectively orally and in writing. Present ideas clearly and in professional manner.
• Participates on teams effectively. Accepts direction from the team. Individually contributes to success of the team.
• Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
• Serves as point of contact for external or internal customers.
• Follows through on commitments made to internal and external customers.
• Able to manage multiple responsibilities with set expectations and meet deadlines.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Construction, Consulting, Instrumentation, Engineering, Technology