Kiewit Corporation Document Control Supervisor- OGC Engineering in Houston, Texas
Document Control Supervisor- OGC Engineering
Date: Jun 12, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 80451
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office.
Primary Responsibilities include assisting the Document Control Manager in the following:
• Organize, train, direct, and manage team to ensure successful fulfillment of department goals.
• Assign work to team members in a fair and responsible manner that will meet or exceed project requirements, leverage individual team member talents, and support individual professional development goals.
• Schedule/Coordinate/Lead meetings (intra- and inter-discipline) as needed to resolve issues.
• Supervise all document control activities and provide departmental oversight and direction.
• Monitor and track in-house engineering, external partner/contractor, and vendor documents and deliverables throughout life of the pursuit/project.
• Assess the knowledge and technical understanding and capability of Clients, external partners/contractors, and vendors, and organize and provide necessary training and assistance.
• Ensure compliance with company performance management processes and employee development programs. Assess competencies of team members, and mentor/train less- experienced personnel in document control concepts, tools, procedures, and practices.
• Establish departmental Best Practices and ensure that procedures and work instructions are followed.
• Identify, evaluate, and eliminate or mitigate risks to the company’s results or reputation.
• In coordination with Quality Control, develop and lead continuous improvement efforts for Document Control.
• Archive/preserve documents as required by code, statute, or regulations, including making provisions as required for “wet signature” and/or physically stamped/sealed documents.
• Establish and maintain performance metrics for quality, response time, and productivity.
• Forecast staffing requirements and recruit, select, and on-board department personnel as appropriate to meet company needs.
• 10+ years of experience in document control in the Oil, Gas & Chemical industry sector
• Must possess an aptitude to lead and manage people
• Familiarity with document control tools and software such as SharePoint and Bluebeam Revu
• Records Retention / Information Lifecycle system experience
• Ability to use appropriate tools and methods to collect and analyze data in order to identify and resolve business and/or technical problems
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
• Record of successfully creating, establishing, and utilizing business processes, quality standards, performance metrics, and work instructions
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to business ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with a commitment to help ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Team player with the ability to lead others or work independently, as required, in order to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
• Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail
• Comfortable with fast-moving work environment, pressure, change, and ambiguity
• Action-oriented, results-driven, and self-motivated
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Controls Engineer, Document Control, Manager, Engineer, Construction, Engineering, Administrative, Management