Kiewit Corporation Document Control Specialist-OGC Engineering in Houston, Texas
Document Control Specialist-OGC Engineering
Date: Jul 4, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 80385
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office.
• Assure documents submitted to Document Control are appropriately named, numbered, etc.
• Enter documents into the EDMS, create and track electronic review cycle, and distribute and file appropriately in a timely manner, all in accordance with established procedures and good practice.
• Perform and supervise all document control activities on assigned project(s).
• Ability to provide guidance and suggestions to improve procedure.
• When necessary, archive hard-copy files in accordance with project and statutory requirements.
• Train project team (project managers, project engineers, engineers, designers, and document control staff) on document control work processes and EDMS navigation and use
• Mentor and guide less experience members on document control team
• Assembly and compilation of client turnover package per client requirements
• Working knowledge of disciplines (pipe, electrical and mechanical) and related drawings. Ability to recognize and read a drawing with no labels by type
• Working knowledge of revision types
• Capable of folding and storing CAD drawings according to standard
• Control and stamping of Master sticks and duplicates
• Establish engineering/document files in accordance with records retention and PFIS controls and standards. Knowledge of each document type in PFIS folders.
• Basic understanding of document types; including but not limited to:
Bills of Material
Design change notices
Requests for information
Letters, memos, transmittals, faxes
Client and Joint Venture contract
• Basic understanding of standard engineering practices.
• Receive, log, file and distribute all engineering documents based on a pre-determined performance standard.
• 5-10 years minimum of experience in document control in Oil and Gas industry
• Ability to use appropriate tools to analyze, identify and resolve business and/or technical problems
• Attention to detail
• Organizational skills and Time management
• Ability to multi-task
• Basic aptitude in communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word, e-mail and Intranet.
• Advanced knowledge of document control procedures.
• Working knowledge of Sharepoint
• Advanced knowledge of filing (EDMS) and record retention systems.
• Basic business knowledge (Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable etc.)Strong computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Document Control, Controls Engineer, Accounts Payable, Construction, Chemical Research, Administrative, Engineering, Finance