Kiewit Corporation Commissioning/Completions Manager in Houston, Texas
Date: May 24, 2018
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 74282
Commissioning Manager will have full responsibility to direct and execute commissioning activities for a large scale oil and gas projects, and for implementing Kiewit Safety Policies and Procedures throughout the commissioning phases of the project
• Responsible to prepare Commissioning philosophy, schedule and procedures during project Detailed Design phase.
• Responsible to commission and start-up all systems, completing the commissioning work-scope in a logical and controlled sequence and to the project specifications.
• Responsible for day-to-day commissioning activities. Execute Commissioning Procedures directing a Commissioning Team consisting of commissioning engineers, technicians, Operations personnel, other contractors, and vendor support personnel.
• Support system handover and acceptance from Construction Team including system discipline walk downs and punch list generation.
• Report to the Project Manager on issues regarding commissioning, start up schedule and progress
• Interface with client management regarding commissioning and start-up.
• Ensure all commissioning resources are being utilized in a cost effective manner.
• Define system priority hand over list from Construction to Commissioning.
• Will direct or assist in developing Project Manpower Estimates and System Commissioning Schedules.
• Develop and maintain commissioning budget.
• Develop and review commissioning test equipment and material take-offs for execution.
• Develop vendor call-out requirements and schedule for specialized vendor supplied equipment and overall vendor coordination.
• Make sure that tests related to Pre-commissioning, Commissioning, Start-up, and Performance Testing activities are witnessed and the required documents signed by appropriate EPC, Company, Regulatory Inspectors and Equipment Suppliers/Process Licensor representatives in accordance with the requirements of the QA/QC Plan
• Prepare systems for final inspection and hand over to Operations Team after commissioning procedures are complete.
• Provide assistance in evaluation and selection of Commissioning Team staff members. Declare and assign roles and responsibilities for Commissioning team members.
• Need proficiency in MS Office Applications e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
• Degree in Engineering or relevant experience in Oil and Gas production. Equivalent industry certifications and experience will be considered.
• 10-15 years oil and gas Construction, Commissioning, Start-Up and Operations experience, particularly Commissioning and Start-up experience of large capital projects, multi-discipline deepwater facilities.
• Employee must be able to see and read reports.
• Employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, use hand and fingers, and reach with hands and arms.
• Employee must be able to work in confined spaces and heights when job requires
• Employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Employee must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers
• Employee must be able to safely traverse stairs.
• Employee must be able to pass a drug screen.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Manager, Inspector, Wastewater, Engineering, Legal, Management, Quality