Kiewit Corporation Civil Engineer- OGC Engineering in Houston, Texas
Civil Engineer- OGC Engineering
Date: Jul 5, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 80397
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office
• Work on large size or multiple small size engineering projects with minimum supervision.
• Define scope of work, prepare estimates and schedule for civil engineering portion of work in a project.
• Developing and directing discipline monitoring with the Engineering Project Manager (e.g. project budget, schedules, and change management requirements etc.) Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) for project management and department management
• Reviewing, monitoring and ensuring compliance requirements are met for design (e.g. Standards, specification and local codes and regulations etc.)
• Incorporate requirements of the Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) contract, customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements ensuring projects meet or exceed project goals.
• Mentor and direct work of entry and mid-level employees for skills development, review progress and results, and provide direction and mentoring as needed.
• Lead the coordination effort with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors and owners to address civil engineering related issues or concerns.
• Lead the technical development of calculations, plans/drawings and specifications.
• Responsible for providing civil engineering estimate of quantities, materials take off.
• Coordinate with Construction to answer field generated RFI’s.
• 7+ years hands on experience in civil engineering in the oil and gas or heavy industrial market, preferably with EPC experience.
• Strong technical background in general site civil design, drainage systems, grading and roads/paving.
• Knowledgeable in multiple engineering design software. ACAD Civil 3D experience is a must.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited four-year college or university program.
• Licensed Professional Engineer with NCEES record.
• Familiarity with latest national and design codes.
• Experience in LNG projects is strongly desirable.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Compliance, Engineering, Legal