Kiewit Corporation Field Engineer in Hanover, Maryland
Date: May 25, 2018
Location: Hanover, MD, US
Requisition ID: 73573
• You’ll be working with a vibrant and diverse team to build, estimate, and schedule mechanical, electrical and heavy industrial construction on some of the largest most exciting construction projects
• You will support both administrative and construction activities as assigned by the supervisor, reviewing proposals/specifications, drawings, perform material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates and attend pre-bid investigation meetings
• In this position you will also learn how to supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors
• Preparing work plans, assuring quality control, managing and tracking costs and materials, scheduling equipment, administering safety programs and maintaining exceptional owner relations will fall within the job duties as well
• We are looking for the next generation of workers who strive for excellence and have the drive and desire that it takes to work in the fast paced, heavy construction environment
• Jobsites are located throughout the country, requiring relocation.
• Graduated with a degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related degree.
• 3-5 years of construction experience
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with SureTrak, Hard Dollar, Revit, SAP, Pro Log and/or Primavera “P6” is a plus.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Strong work ethic – Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• The ability to travel and/or relocate as required.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Baltimore
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Field Engineer, Electrical, ERP, Engineering, Technology