Kiewit Corporation Document Control Specialist - Kiewit Bridge and Marine in Federal Way, Washington
Document Control Specialist - Kiewit Bridge and Marine
Date: Jul 12, 2019
Location: Federal Way, WA, US
Requisition ID: 80718
We are looking for a driven and self-directed Document Control Specialist to help develop and manage document control for the $1.3 billion, Federal Way Link Extension project. You will be responsible for establishing document flow and distribution at the job site. Collecting and logging in of all contract documents and project documentation from mobilization through project completion. Reproducing, distributing, storing, and retrieving of documentation.
This position will be based out of our area office located at 33455 6th Ave. South, Federal Way, WA 98003 and will the transition into the project office located on 320th St. in Federal Way.
• Take part in the implementation of the document control processes by following the established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and verification checklists
• Organize and maintain all documents and specs pertaining to project including RFIs, submittals, and drawings
• Electronically receive, log, file and distribute all engineering documents from electronic document management system based on a pre-determined performance standard
• Package field work packs electronically, then print, stamp, assemble, and package documents and drawings with project information as required
• Post revisions and maintain computerized or manual control records and release documents notifying all affected departments as needed
• Exercise a basic understanding of document types, including but not limited to: Drawings, Specifications, Equipment Lists, Bills of Material, Legends, Sketches, Requests for information, Submittals, Transmittals, etc.
• Perform administrative functions related to document management system, including establishing and removing user accounts, maintaining site security, developing reports, training staff on system use, and working with software development team to maintain system functionality
• Prepare requests for reproduction of documents, operate reproduction equipment and prepare reports and memorandums
• Work closely with expediting team to log the receipt of electronic shop drawings, specifications and hard copy manuals.
• Ensure documents are kept in compliance with the requirements of project contracts
• Take part in the development and implementation of the project document turnover process.
• Assemble and compile client turnover package per client requirements
• Conduct document control audits including, but not limited to, collection of old version drawings
• Be an SME in the project’s electronic document management software, InEight Document powered by TeamBinder
• Effectively communicate with Document Control counterparts from other companies via e-mail and/or telephone
• Ensure that the confidentiality of sensitive information is protected
• High school degree and, ideally, a post-secondary education in Records Administration/Management, Library and Information Technology or related experience
• Working knowledge of industry-standard document control procedures including the use of predefined naming conventions and revisioning controls.
• Working knowledge of filing and record retention systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and SharePoint
• Experience with TeamBinder and Bluebeam preferred
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Document Control, Engineer, Developer, Compliance, Document Management, Administrative, Engineering, Technology, Legal