Kiewit Corporation Talent Acquisition Advisor in Farfield, California
Talent Acquisition Advisor
Date: Nov 7, 2019
Location: Farfield, CA, US
Requisition ID: 83656
As a Talent Acquisition Advisor, you will support our Kiewit Business goals by focusing on building relationships with managers to recruit the best and brightest talent into the organization. Take direct ownership for successful customer relationships and guide hiring across a number of business groups.
• Broad knowledge of the business to ensure talent identified is aligned with the right opportunities based on business demands and candidate preference.
• Execute the recruiting process end-to-end while effectively utilizing the process, systems and tools in place.
• Conduct in-depth intake meetings with leaders to ensure alignment on position, impact and expectations while providing market insights and education.
• Work with the appropriate hiring managers on requisition approvals; rehire issues and internal/external postings.
• Ability to leverage and maintain recruiting technology platforms to drive accuracy of candidate records, activity status, and provide weekly reports to management.
• Assess applicant/candidate quality, skills, and fit to identify the best candidate for a position.
• Coordinate the offer approval process by facilitating the information flow to appropriate management.
• Negotiate with candidates against counter-offers.
• Knowledgeable of the market and supply for talent within a particular job function.
• Connect external employment market conditions with internal workforce demands to ensure proper pipelines of talent are identified early to fill critical business needs.
• Comprehensively understand the business strategy and connect it to a talent strategy.
• Develop sourcing strategies and partner with other Talent Advisors as needed to implement these strategies to meet current staffing needs.
• Actively contribute in associations and societies to further expand and diversify Kiewit's candidate pool.
• Utilize metrics to drive business solutions to add value, raise candidate quality and/or decrease costs.
• Assess overall requisition health to ensure timely communications, effective candidate engagement and reduce risk to the business.
• Update requisitions daily to ensure proper status including hiring metrics and referral source for all new hires.
• Analyze recruiting performance metrics to assess overall quality and performance to make recommendations for future
• Review feedback from Hiring Managers to support quicker time-to-fill and ongoing success with selecting talent for the organization
• Partner with business leaders and hiring managers to develop a deep understanding of their needs and the culture of the company.
• Communicate directly with each hiring manager to support their hiring needs.
• Work with managers and HR to attract top external talent, leveraging tactics to identify a qualified and diverse candidate pool.
• Effectively navigate objections from Hiring Managers and Candidates throughout the recruiting process.
• Influence hiring decisions by providing value-adding recruiting-related advice.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with candidates through the recruiting process.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, with at least 3 years’ experience full lifecycle recruiting in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Experience with applicant tracking systems (SAP SuccessFactors preferred)
• Ability to travel overnight throughout the US and/or Canada up to 15% of the time
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Recruiting, HR, Engineer, ERP, Supply, Human Resources, Engineering, Technology, Operations