Kiewit Corporation Licensed Professional Land Surveyor - NorCal in Fairfield, California
Licensed Professional Land Surveyor - NorCal
Date: Feb 4, 2020
Location: Fairfield, CA, US
Requisition ID: 86821
Although this opportunity is with Kiewit’s Northern California District, and focuses on work throughout Northern California and the Western United States.
Kiewit’s NorCal District is headquartered in Fairfield, CA. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, water treatment facilities, transportation, roadways, and underground utilities, while developing builders who will lead the company into the future.
As a Professional Land Surveyor you will play a key part in insuring the accuracy and compliance of your assigned Kiewit Project. You will function as part of a survey team and ensure documentation compliance as well as operate all survey instruments with a high degree of proficiency.
• Verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
• Verify mathematical calculations.
• Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
• Calculate geographic positions from survey data.
• Gather physical survey data.
• Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
• Direct surveying activities.
• Document technical design details.
• Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
• Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
• Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
• Record the results of surveys including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
• Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
• Coordinate activities with suppliers, contractors, clients, or other departments.
• Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
• Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
• Adjust surveying instruments to maintain their accuracy.
• Calibrate scientific or technical equipment.
• Analyze survey objectives and specifications to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
• Analyze physical, survey, or geographic data.
• Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures.
• Determine operational criteria or specifications.
• Develop criteria for the design and modification of survey instruments.
• Minimum of an Associate’s degree is preferred
• PLS or RPLS for the state of CA required
• Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in Construction Survey, Dimensional Control, Industrial Measurement, or a related field is required
• Must be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to perform calculations (area, volume, circumference, proportion, percentage)
• Dynamic thinker with the desire to lead, motivate and mentor teams
• Self-starter with the ability to set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity
• Proficient computer knowledge including Microsoft Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and as a team
• Committed to working safe and getting the job done right the first time
• Ability to travel and relocate as required
• Will manage a diverse workload; must be able to handle stress and immediate deadlines
• Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management
• Possible travel throughout the U.S. and internationally
• Occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds
• Must be able to work regularly scheduled hours and occasional irregular hours
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Sacramento
Nearest Secondary Market: Fairfield
Job Segment: Surveyor, Engineer, Compliance, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Legal