Kiewit Corporation University Relations Specialist in Englewood, Colorado
University Relations Specialist
Date: Dec 12, 2018
Location: Englewood, CO, US
Requisition ID: 78067
As the University Relations Specialist, you will support company-wide, internal and external initiatives, focused on enhancing construction and engineering education amongst our post-secondary partners within the US and Canada. We are driven by a mission to equip future industry leaders for impactful careers and simultaneously attract quality talent to the organization. You will play an integral role in creating and implementing strategies to achieve this mission.
The University Relations Specialist will report to the University Relations Lead as part of the larger University Strategies team within the Talent Attraction & Acquisition Center of Excellence.
This position will be based out of our office in Englewood, CO; however, you will need to travel up to 30%, including overnight stays, throughout the US and Canada.
• Create and implement University partnership plans with university administration, recruiting leadership, and operations personnel
• Develop and coordinate internal university steering committees to enhance strategic engagement at key schools
• Assist in execution and management of relations programs to show impact and effectiveness to the business
• Coordinate national/regional educational organizations, conferences, competitions in collaboration with operations, recruiting, and university leadership
• Analyze and report on relations program results to senior leadership
• Coordinate and execute various events both internally and externally across the US and Canada
• Participate in creation and execution of team processes and procedures to ensure consistent experience across the universities and internal clients
• Coordinate and recommend university sponsorships and donations
• Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience required
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel overnight across North America up to 30% of the time
• Experience with Survey Monkey, Yello CRM, and WebEx online meeting technologies preferred
• Thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Ability to create and deliver engaging presentations to various audiences
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Water Treatment, Wastewater, CRM, Engineering, Technology