Kiewit Corporation Scheduling Manager in Englewood, Colorado
Date: Nov 7, 2019
Location: Englewood, CO, US
Requisition ID: 83646
This position will be based out of Denver, Colorado. You must be willing to travel as business needs arise.
Kiewit’s Central District, one of Kiewit’s largest infrastructure districts, constructs and upgrades interstates, highways, bridges, airport runways, taxiways and associated facilities as a part of often challenging and one of a kind projects for our clients.
As a Scheduling Manager, you’ll play a key role in the development and maintenance of project schedules utilizing company/district standards and scheduling techniques. This hands-on role will give you the opportunity to directly impact the scheduling capabilities over a broad range of projects in various stages of development. By analyzing and monitoring the project’s critical path, you’ll prepare reports, develop alternative solutions, and drive successful project completion.
• Develop and prepare progress reports for each assigned project
• Read and interpret construction drawings, job specifications and contracts
• Identify and report on variations in the schedule in a timely manner
• Lead project teams through proper setup and maintenance of schedules
• Evaluate project risk using the Earned Value Management system.
• Resource and cost load the construction CPM schedule
• Maintain careful documentation of all schedule submittals so that any requests for time adjustments can be accurately measured
• Assist in bid schedule creation per client requirements
• Lead the development of baseline CPM construction schedules
• Update schedules monthly and develop what-if schedules
• Perform or assist with forward looking Time Impact Analysis following contract requirements or industry recommended practices
• Coordinate and assist in the development of project schedule narratives
• Assess impacts to the critical path and near critical path
• Provide schedule metric analysis
• Communicates findings to project team
• Walk and review work on the jobsite
• Interface with clients, owners and representatives
• At least ten years’ construction scheduling experience, including three years of proven leadership experience directing scheduling functions
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management or engineering preferred. Technical training or related experience will also be considered.
• Proficient in developing and analyzing schedules in Primavera P6
• Open to change and new information, able to adapt to changing conditions or unexpected obstacles
• Strong attention to detail; ability to recognize discrepancies
• Basic legal principles as they relate to scheduling
• Proficient computer knowledge including Microsoft Suite and Primavera P6
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and as a team
• PSP, PMP or comparable certification is a benefit
• Ability to travel and relocate is required
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Scheduler, Water Treatment, Engineering, Management, Administrative, Customer Service