Kiewit Corporation Roadway Design Engineer in Englewood, Colorado
Roadway Design Engineer
Date: Aug 1, 2019
Location: Englewood, CO, US
Requisition ID: 80928
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers has an immediate opening for a dynamic Roadway Design Engineer in our growing office in Englewood, CO. Looking for the ideal candidate with roadway design experience to provide technical designs, oversight and interdisciplinary coordination on highway design build projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Geometric design (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections, super elevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO
• Development of 3D models utilizing InRoads, Civil3D and/or other design software
• Interdisciplinary design coordination to ensure that project elements are designed as an integrated unit
• Develop preliminary design concepts for highways including geometrics, construction sequencing, and 3D models
• Create exhibits for meetings and proposals
• Final design of project elements including: roadway geometrics, roadway design plans, signing and marking plans, maintenance of traffic plans, wall plan and profile sheets
• 4-12 years of progressive civil / highway design experience with an emphasis on design-build projects
• Bachelor’s degree or greater in Civil Engineering
• Professional Engineer registration preferred
• Knowledge of Microstation, AutoCAD, InRoads or Civil3D with the ability to mentor and train junior staff
• Experience developing plan sheets/sets for DOT’s and design build projects
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• The ability to travel across North America dependent on project needs
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Design Engineer, Construction, Consulting, Transportation, Engineering, Technology