Kiewit Corporation Proposal Manager - KBG in Englewood, Colorado
Proposal Manager - KBG
Date: Aug 15, 2019
Location: Englewood, CO, US
Requisition ID: 80742
This opportunity will support Kiewit Building Group projects throughout the United States, out of our Denver, CO (Englewood, CO) office.
Kiewit Building Group is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Kiewit Building Group also has offices in Anchorage, Seattle, Honolulu, Omaha, Washington, D.C., and Dallas/Ft. Worth. Our projects include arts and culture, aviation, commercial/mixed-use, federal, healthcare, higher education, hospitality, sports/entertainment, and transportation/industrial.
Kiewit Building Group is looking for a Proposal Manager to support the pursuit process to successfully deliver strategic proposals while implementing best practices. The Proposal Manager will develop and implement the proposal management plan, and lead the proposal team in developing compliant, compelling proposal deliverables for some of the most challenging commercial construction projects across the United States. The Proposal Manager will support Kiewit’s technical and managerial staff in the development of qualifications responses, proposals, and other marketing collateral.
If you are looking for a career that is both challenging and rewarding, a position where you can work independently but also collaborate with teams, and assignments that provide variety and opportunity, this might be the perfect opportunity for you. This position demands a strong work ethic, initiative, and commitment to quality.
• Manage the proposal process for “A” and “B” pursuits, including pre-RFP planning/coordination, pursuit team organization, identification of win themes, schedule management, leading document reviews, and the production and delivery of proposals
• Collaborate with executives, engineers, construction managers, legal, writers, designers, and others to secure information for various writing assignments
• Develop, implement, and communicate pursuit schedule, identifying interim deadlines and key milestones, to all resources assigned to proposal
• Develop responsibility/compliance matrix with pursuit team defining roles and assignments of each resource to ensure compliant proposal
• Develop win strategies and compelling content through outlining and storyboarding with district leaders
• Lead proposal development meetings including kickoff, milestone reviews, and lessons learned
• Outline, write, edit and organize proposal documents, while also making timely edits and revisions to documents after reviews
• Coordinate multiple pursuits concurrently while meeting quality standards and deadlines
• Creation of marketing collateral for the district (e.g., newsletters, brochures, award submittals, project pages, resumes, etc.)
• Other marketing and business development responsibilities as assigned
• Strategic and client-focused mind-set
• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting skills
• High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Self-motivated, and able to prioritize multiple concurrent tasks
• Team-oriented, and able to work well with other professionals from various backgrounds
• Must be flexible to accommodate a deadline driven environment
• Ability to problem solve and think critically
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Journalism, English, Communications, or related field preferred
• 4-7 years of proposal related experience in a related field
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Layout and graphic design experience preferred
• Experience in Government contracting is an asset
• Submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test, and show proof of eligibility for employment in the United States
• Travel as needed – 5 – 10% travel required throughout the year
• Lifting, sitting, stooping, bending, reaching, climbing stairs, etc.
• Reading from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Pre-Sales, RFP, Engineer, Business Development, Marketing Manager, Sales, Engineering, Marketing