Kiewit Corporation Quality Clerk - Kiewit Energy Canada in Edmonton, Alberta
Quality Clerk - Kiewit Energy Canada
Date: Jun 5, 2019
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Requisition ID: 80366
We are currently looking for a Quality Clerk to support one of Kiewit Energy’s projects in Fort Saskatchewan. As a Quality Clerk with Kiewit you will play a key role in ensuring data accuracy at our job sites. In this role you will work closely with other Quality professionals to ensure that our standards of excellence are being met at the project site you will be supporting.
• Perform clerical functions to support the Quality team including data entry, maintaining spreadsheets, logs and meeting minutes
• Transcribe technical data from written field reports into electronic report forms.
• Retrieve and compile QC field inspection reports, checklists, and laboratory data reports and issue draft weekly report for manager review and revision.
• Update written quality plans and prepare for submittal to client.
• Develop positive and trustworthy relationships with the client
• Provide technical expertise, troubleshooting and solutions for quality documentation control issues
• Prepare draft record submittals.
• Ensure proper documentation and recordkeeping is performed, validated and easily retrievable through audit
• Promote and enforce quality processes with a goal of performing work right the first time
• Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or contractors
• Personally meet deadlines and contribute in a positive, safe, professional and high-quality project
• Office duties as assigned.
• 2+ years QC administrator or document control experience preferably for engineering, construction or oil/gas/chemical company
• Tech Savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
• Strong Attention to Detail
• Experience with record management, report preparation and database entry/management
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Fast-paced field/office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively
• Ability to conduct inspections in a construction environment (ex. tight or elevated spaces)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Clerical, Engineer, Chemical Research, Developer, Quality, Administrative, Engineering, Technology