Kiewit Corporation Piping Superintendent - Kiewit Energy Canada in Edmonton, Alberta
Piping Superintendent - Kiewit Energy Canada
Date: Aug 3, 2019
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Requisition ID: 80152
As a Piping Superintendent you will play a significant part in the success of Kiewit Energy Canada’s Projects and set the highest expectations among your crew for safety, quality, schedule, cost performance and team development. Every day you will bring your hands-on attitude to work and not just build iconic industrial projects but also develop builders that will continue to shape Canadian’s Energy Sector for generations to come.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one through our construction operations. We depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit Energy Canada is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. We are a major industrial contractor that work on projects that involve construction of oil sands processing facilities, including steam–assisted gravity drainage facilities, refinery expansions, gas plant expansions, co–generation facilities, major mine developments and pipe spool fabrication. We also have a Modular Yard facility in Edmonton, Alberta. We are looking for hard working individuals with a passion for construction who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty! Our current opportunities are spread across Canada.
We currently have work all across the country in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as business requires. Most of our projects are currently located in Alberta and British Columbia.
• Form and lead an effective discipline team, delegating responsibilities and setting goals
• Assist in the hiring, training and development of craft personnel (laborers, pipefitters, workers, foreman etc.)
• Develop and maintain open communications with crews, Field Engineers/Coordinators, Safety, Quality and clients
• Assist in preparing work plans and scheduling in determining manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
• Examine/inspect field conditions and troubleshoot problems, correct inaccuracies, and implement cost saving measures
• Monitor and adhere to established budgetary guidelines for job, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed
• Monitor job safety, and provide job safety training and awareness for all personnel
• Monitor standards of all jobs and ensure that all technical specifications are being met
• Develop entire job schedules, 90 day schedules, and three week schedules
• Monitor job schedule and coordinate work with contractors and deliveries with suppliers and ensure inspections are scheduled appropriately
• Advise senior level superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc. Assist in resolving such problems as required
• Perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor
• 10+ years of experience in the industrial piping/ refinery piping construction
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience of supervisory experience as a Superintendent managing a crew of pipefitters
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Understanding of cost management processes, planning and scheduling
• Working knowledge of computers and experience using Microsoft Office Suite
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment and move up objects up to 30 pounds
• Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
Other common names for this role: Mechanical Superintendent, Industrial Superintendent
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Pipefitter, Construction, Engineer, Chemical Research, Fabrication, Manufacturing, Engineering